|Name||Hon'ble Mr. Justice Arup Kumar Goswami|
|Date of Birth||11/03/1961|
|Joining at Sikkim||15/10/2019|
|Served at Sikkim Upto||05/01/2021|
|Duration||Duration:1 years 2 months 21 days|
- Born on 11.03.1961 at Jorhat, Assam.
- Graduated in Economics (Hons.) from Cotton College under Gauhati University in 1981. Obtained LL.B. Degree from Government Law College, Guwahati in 1985. Enrolled as an Advocate with the Bar Council of Assam, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh on 16.8.1985. Practiced mainly on the Civil, Criminal, Constitutional and Service matters. Was designated as Senior Advocate by the Gauhati High Court on 21.12.2004. Was Standing Counsel of the Gauhati High Court, Karbi-Anglong Autonomous Council and North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council. Had also been a Senior Standing Counsel, Education Department, Government of Assam.
- Appointed as an Additional Judge of the Gauhati High Court on 24.01.2011 and became a permanent Judge w.e.f. 07.11.2012.
- Was the Executive Chairman of Nagaland State Legal Services Authority from 01.04.2011 to 12.08.2013.
- Was the Executive Chairman of Assam State Legal Services Authority from 06.06.2018 to 14.10.2019 and the Executive Chairman of Arunachal Pradesh State Legal Services Authority from 08.03.2016 to 14.10.2019.
- Was Chief Justice (Acting) of the Gauhati High Court from 06.09.2018 to 29.10.2018 and also from 24.05.2019 to 06.10.2019.
- Was Editor of ATMAN, a Biannual News Bulletin of the Gauhati High Court, from October, 2018 to 14.10.2019.
- Appointed as Chief Justice of the High Court of Sikkim on 15.10.2019.
- Transferred to Andhra Pradesh High Court .